Bioidentical Hormone Therapy for Women
Bioidentical hormones benefit the female body in a multitude of ways. Because of the way that these natural hormones identically match the hormones in the human body, women experience little to no side effects when undergoing Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy. Baltimore Menopause and Perimenopause Specialist, Eric Nager, M.D., has helped countless women in Baltimore and the surrounding Baltimore Metropolitan areas of Maryland to overcome the unpleasant effects of aging using customized Bioidentical Hormone Therapy programs.
Women suffer from the effects of imbalanced hormones because of aging, endocrine system related health conditions, perimenopause and menopause. Because of the way that your body’s hormones are interrelated with your other bodily systems, it is important to work with a provider, like Dr. Eric Nager, who understands the complexity of the hormone system.
The first step to getting started is to get a snapshot of your current hormones to see which hormones are depleted, which are in excess, and how those imbalances are affecting other bodily functions. After looking at your lab results, Dr. Eric Nager of OptiHealth Institute in Baltimore Maryland will work with you to put together a customized Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy plan for you.
Women’s Health and Hormonal Imbalances
- Most women become aware of their transition into perimenopause in their mid to late 40s. Perimenopause normally lasts for several years, its duration varies for every woman, and its course is impossible to predict. Perimenopause is the time when a woman’s body transitions from having a menstrual cycle to no longer menstruating. During this natural transition, the body undergoes biologic changes resulting from declining ovarian hormone production. This causes a woman’s menstrual cycles to become irregular and varied and diminishes her fertility. Perimenopause can last 4-6 years and usually ends after twelve months of amenorrhea, or no menstruation, which is when a woman enters menopause.
- Natural menopause is a condition that every woman will go through as she experiences healthy aging, typically between the ages of 50-60. It is a natural, gradual process that occurs when a woman’s ovaries produce less estrogen and progesterone, and her lifetime supply of eggs becomes depleted. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy remains an effective treatment option for relieving menopausal symptoms. Baltimore Menopause and Perimenopause Specialist, Eric Nager, M.D., works in partnership with you to determine the exact amounts of hormones needed for your body and curtails the treatments to your unique menopausal needs.
- Thyroid Health
- The thyroid influences most of your body’s metabolic processes through the hormones that it produces. The most common thyroid problems involve the over or under production of thyroid hormones. When the thyroid produces too much of the thyroid hormones you experience the health condition known as hyperthyroidism. When the thyroid does not produce enough of the thyroid hormones, the thyroid condition hypothyroidism occurs. Bioidentical hormones help ease the symptoms that result from either hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism. If your thyroid hormones are out of balance, talk to Baltimore Menopause and Perimenopause Specialist, Eric Nager, M.D., in Maryland today to learn more about how Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help you balance your thyroid hormones.
Benefits of Natural Hormone Therapy
- Better Moods
- Our moods are largely dictated by our brain chemistry, and healthy brain chemistry relies on healthy hormone balance. When your mood suffers, your relationships, outlook and overall wellness suffer as well. BHRT can help regulate your moods so that you are less prone to sudden mood swings or depressive states.
- Improved Libido
- When it comes to a healthy libido, testosterone plays a major role. While considered an androgen, or “male hormone,” testosterone performs many important functions for women’s bodies as well. A low libido may be a sign of a testosterone deficiency, especially if accompanied by a loss in muscle mass and weight gain.
- Weight Loss
Hormones play a critical role in our food cravings as well as how our body metabolizes the food that we consume. If your diet, exercise and sleep regimens all seem to be in order but you are still having trouble shedding pounds, you owe it to yourself to have your hormones checked. If your hormones are imbalanced, BHRT can help set your system straight, boosting your metabolism and encouraging weight loss.
- Improved Bone Density
- Estrogen plays a critical role in bone health. When estrogen levels drop during menopause, women are at a much greater risk for osteoporosis and other bone-related diseases. Estrogen hormone therapy in the form of BHRT can help to improve bone strength and prevent injury for many women.
- Greater Focus and Memory
- As discussed above, our hormones and brain chemistry work hand in hand. When the hormones in our bodies are imbalanced, brain fog can set in, making it difficult to focus at work, at home and in our hobbies. Balanced hormones with BHRT means better brain function.
- Improved Sleep
- The pineal gland naturally produces melatonin, a hormone that helps regulate sleep cycles, but when other hormones in the endocrine system are not balanced, melatonin production may be disrupted. BHRT can also help treat night sweats and insomnia that are the result of hormone imbalance.
- Reduced Symptoms Of Menopause
- The sharp decline of estrogen and progesterone are largely responsible for the symptoms of menopause, including hot flashes, night sweats and changes in mood. BHRT can help by providing you with these hormones gradually in order to lessen these symptoms and ease the transition into menopause.
Contact Dr. Eric Nager for a FREE Consultation
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy is a safe and effective option for easing the symptoms of imbalanced hormones. Dr. Eric Nager works closely with you to identify the correct amount of hormones for your body. This brings you back to health and balance and helps you heal any of the conditions that arose out of hormonal imbalance. Baltimore Menopause and Perimenopause Specialist, Eric Nager, M.D., offers relief from the symptoms of imbalanced hormones by using Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.