Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men
As men age, the hormones in their bodies naturally slow in production and become unbalanced. Most notably, this occurs with the hormone testosterone. Beginning after the age of 30, the male body slowly produces less and less testosterone. Over the course of many years this reduction in testosterone production can result in unwanted symptoms of low testosterone, or low-T. This decline of testosterone in men is known as andropause or hypogonadism. Baltimore Low T Therapy Doctor, Eric Nager, M.D., has helped countless men in Baltimore MD to achieve optimal levels of testosterone and fight the uncomfortable side effects of andropause.
Whereas testosterone is the more well-known of the male hormones, the hormones estrogen, progesterone, thyroid and DHEA play important roles in men’s physical and mental wellbeing as well. Baltimore Low T Therapy Doctor, Eric Nager, M.D. of OptiHealth Institute will take a look at all your hormones, not just your testosterone levels, to find imbalances and to address the root cause of your symptoms. Some of the symptoms men may experience due to having imbalanced hormones are discussed below.
Adverse Effects of Low Testosterone in Men
- Decreased Ability to Build Muscle
- Low levels of DHEA and testosterone make maintaining and building muscle mass difficult to impossible. By bringing these hormones back up to their normal levels you will see a noticeable change in the effectiveness of your workouts.
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Having low testosterone can affect sexual desire and function. By addressing this hormonal deficiency with bioidentical hormones, you can restore your libido, performance and confidence.
- Feeling of Anger and Irritability
- High levels of the stress hormone cortisol and low levels of testosterone can cause you to feel angry and irritated for no apparent reason. By bringing these hormones back into balance, your moods will become more balanced as well.
- Hot Flashes
- A sudden and intense feeling of heat around your face and chest is a symptom of low-T. Hot flashes resolve with a balanced hormonal system.
- Loss of Bone Density
Deficient levels of testosterone and estrogen in men can result in increasingly weakening bones. Making sure that your hormones are at their correct levels can prevent diseases like osteoporosis.
- Low Energy
- Low production of the thyroid hormone and low-T can both result in low energy as well as physical and mental exhaustion. Low levels of these hormones can also cause insomnia, compounding feelings of fatigue. BHRT can help address these symptoms.
- Male Pattern Baldness
High levels of stress, low testosterone and thyroid imbalance are red flags for hair loss. Bioidentical hormones are an effective way to treat thinning hair and prevent further hair loss.
- Night Sweats
- Sweating profusely in the middle of the night may be caused by low-T and high levels of cortisol and estrogen. By balancing these three hormones, you can treat this symptom at its root cause.
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, your body may be struggling with imbalanced hormones. Fortunately, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) is a natural and effective way to treat the root cause of hormonal imbalance. Baltimore Low T Therapy Doctor, Eric Nager, M.D. has helped many men recover from the symptoms of hormonal imbalance with bioidentical hormones.
Feel the Benefits of Low T Therapy for Andropause
It’s time to contact your local Baltimore Low T Doctor, Eric Nager, M.D. and discover the benefits bioidentical hormone replacement therapy can provide you. Many men have seen incredible differences in their health and wellness by working with Dr. Nager at OptiHealth Institute, and so can you. Dr. Nager will review your complete medical history and symptoms in order to find a treatment plan that is custom tailored to you and your particular needs.
- Benefits of Natural Hormone Therapy for Low T
- Better Moods
- Improved Libido
- Improved Muscle Mass
- Weight Loss
- Better Sleep
- More Energy and Focus
Because each body’s chemical composition, diet and lifestyle needs are unique, the hormones prescribed in Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy are customized to meet your particular physiological needs. By bringing your hormones back into balance you can heal your body and experience a return to the health and energy levels of your youth. Baltimore Low T Therapy Doctor, Eric Nager, M.D. of OptiHealth Institute has successfully treated many men with customized BHRT programs.